Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to export files, Error says they can't open?

Ok so I am using my new Macbook and it is logged into my iCloud on my account. This computer is shared among other users. I go on the app Pixelmator and photoshop a photo. When I try to export it, it gives me an error that states: untitled.pxm cannot be opened. I couldn't even save the file until i changed the location to iCloud Drive. It still wouldn't let me export it. The other day, I had edited a picture and it worked smoothly. I exported it and saved it no problem. I thought it was just the application. Then when I tried to export a keynote, the same error happened: untitled.key cannot be opened. I had to change the location to save again but still couldn't export. I am not sure if it is because of iCloud or because of my computer, but I searched everywhere on the internet and nobody seems to be having the same problem. I am not sure if it happens on the other accounts on the computer, and my wifi is pretty strong. I don't know what it could possibly be! Same thing happened when I tried to open a Pages document from iCloud Drive. The same error message popped up. Can someone please help?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), New Macbook 2015 435 GB free

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:51 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 9:59 PM in response to sophiado

Please back up all data, then open the iCloud pane in System Preferences. If the box marked iCloud Drive is checked, uncheck it and confirm. Your iCloud data should be preserved on Apple's servers.

Test to see whether there's an improvement, then re-check the box and test again. It may take a noticeable amount of time for your iCloud Drive data to resynchronize.

Trying to export files, Error says they can't open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.