Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import DVD video to MBP itunes/Photos

I recently purchased some DVD's from the summer camp my kids attend. Just 10 minute videos they put together of the weeks highlights and then burn and sell to parents. Question is, I want to copy these to my computer (or external HD). Can I do this, and can it be added to "vidoes" in the new Photos app like my other iPhone video's, or would it go in "Movies" for iTunes? can this be done without other software? if not, any recommendations for free ware to accomplish the task? I want to be able to watch these on my MBP without the actual disc, airplay it with Apple TV and maybe even put on iPad to watch. Understood there could be some copyright issues here. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 6:05 AM

Hi apple bytes,

There's a really good freeware app called Handbrake that should do what you want: https://handbrake.fr

Once you've converted the videos to MP4 files, you can import them into iTunes (they'll show up in Home Videos) or any other app that supports the MP4 format. Enjoy!

1 reply

How to import DVD video to MBP itunes/Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.