Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore my AppleTV3

I've got an ATV3 and my Itunes is version 12.2.2 (latest). Some days ago, I was not able to turn the ATV3 on and its light was flashing slowly. Following Apple instructions, this seems to mean that the ATV3 need to be restored. I tried to restore it, but ITunes was not finding the device (plugged to my iMAC and to Power). For some reason, after a few tries, I just plugged my ATV3 back to my TV and it suddenly worked... A week after this episode, the same problem happened, but now I cannot solve it anyway! I bought a new USB cable (with data transfer) and ITunes is not even finding my ATV3 as a device. I changed cables and ITunes is still not able to find my ATV3 again. Everytime it is plugged to power and HDMI cable, the light flashes slowly and nothing appears at my TV screen. I Tried also to restart it with the remote (pressing down and menu at the same time for 6 seconds), but the problem persists.

Any Ideas?

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:03 PM

Make sure you're following the steps exactly (disconnect all cables, connect micro USB, reconnect power). If the cable specifies support for a certain product or was bundled then it may only be meant to work for that device.

4 replies

Aug 4, 2015 1:47 AM in response to jnantala

If your Apple TV fails to restore through iTunes……..

• Check that you have correctly followed the instructions for your model of Apple TV.
  • If not already, try using a powered USB port.
  • Repeat the process but this time try connecting the cable while iTunes is closed.
  • Repeat the process with another cable.
  • Try restoring the Apple TV on another computer in another location.

Can't restore my AppleTV3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.