Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

frustration with auto fill

whenever i type in my e-mail address in safari, it auto fills my e-mail address as well as tacking a portion of it on the end. i have turned off all autofill functions and it still does this. example:

i attempt to type firstname.lastname@gmail.com, but as soon as i hit the @ symbol, it tacks on "lastname@gmail.com" to the end of the full e-mail address, resulting in firstname.lastname@gmail.com@lastname.gmail.com. i checked my address book and my e-mail address is correct in there.

any ideas where this issue is originating and how i can stop it?

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:44 PM

3 replies

Aug 9, 2015 4:25 PM in response to fuzzdelay

Have you tried deleting the autofill data for the site in question?

Safari > Preferences, Autofill tab. Try to find the site name remove entries within the 'Usernames & passwords' or in the 'Other forms' section.

Other options are to use Safari's reset feature to remove the caches & history. It seems unlikely that those will contain the autodial data (it isn't mentioned in the checkboxes), but it may be a last resort if you don't care about keeping the history.

frustration with auto fill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.