Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I choose manually for remove history items and remove download list items they always revert back to after one month and after one day.

When I choose "manually "for remove history items and remove download list items they always revert back to "after one month" and "after one day".

How can I maintain my desired choice.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Safari 8.0.7

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:51 PM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:37 PM in response to Terra's Dead

Open the Finder.

From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

~/Library/Safari

Click Go then move the History.db and LastSession.plist files to the Trash.

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If that doesn't help, go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy then click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari again.

Aug 3, 2015 10:27 PM in response to Terra's Dead

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Show Info in Finder (or just Show Info)

from the contextual menu.* An Info dialog should open.

☞ Does the dialog show "You can read and write" in the Sharing & Permissions section?

☞ In the General section, is the box labeled Locked checked?

☞ What is the Modified date?

If you don't have read and write access to the item, change the settings as directed here. Note, however, that if one file has wrong access settings, most likely others do as well. If the item is locked, unlock it.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Open a TextEdit window and paste into it (command-V). Select the line you just pasted and continue as above.

When I choose manually for remove history items and remove download list items they always revert back to after one month and after one day.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.