Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant requests for "login" keychain password

I recently attempted to log in to my Mac and found that it took an age to process my password. When it finally did allow me in I was bombarded by requests for my Keychain password that wouldn't process. This proved to be because my login keychain had been corrupted. After repairing the keychain most of these issues went away. Unfortunately I am still continuously prompted to enter my keychain password for accountsd.

The specific message is "accountsd wants to use the "login" keychain. Please enter the keychain password." This pops up every five or six minutes. I have verified my now repaired login keychain and no issues are reported. I also am experiencing an issue that prevents me from logging in to iCloud (despite verifying the credentials online) – could these two issues be related?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 4GHz Intel Core i7 – R9 M295X

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Constant requests for "login" keychain password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.