Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, my apple 4s screen is not working although it ring, charging tone is coming. Do anyone know what is the issue is...?

Hi, my apple 4s screen is not working although it ring, charging tone is coming. Do anyone know what is the issue is...?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:23 PM

Have you tried resetting the device to see if that will fix the issue (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). If you see the Apple, then your device is resetting and the Slide to Unlock screen will display shortly.

If that doesn't work, then you probably are going to need to make a trip to the Apple Store.

Best of luck,

GB

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 9:23 PM in response to Rushanthi 1

Have you tried resetting the device to see if that will fix the issue (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). If you see the Apple, then your device is resetting and the Slide to Unlock screen will display shortly.

If that doesn't work, then you probably are going to need to make a trip to the Apple Store.

Best of luck,

GB

Aug 4, 2015 1:51 AM in response to gail from maine

I tried this to no avail. I see it asking me to "slide to unlock" but cant slide. I went to Apple store. The lead tech replaced the screen. Brought it out and said sorry. I asked if they had equipment to get data off this none functioning multi-touch. He said nope and offer me info to some Drive Savers inc. Said it would be $1-2000. A multi billion dollar company like Apple cant get data off their own devices. Pretty upsetting. My phone turns on, new updates come in, I get phone calls... Its fully operational in all ways but the most important way. Unlocking the screen. What would be so difficult for apple to put out a product that can be logged into via the PC. We know our passcodes and the computer is obviously recognizing that the phones. Why cant a "phone passcode" prompt pop up on the screen. I just want the data from trip last week and all the videos of my children. I know its there and its not corrupted. just no way to get it

Aug 4, 2015 7:46 AM in response to MrCrump

All of that information can be backed up to iCloud or iTunes, and had that been done, then it can then be restored to a new device. That's how you get data off of your phone - you back it up.

You can also access the photos via Photo Stream (if you had it turned on), via another i-Device signed onto the same iCloud account or via a Mac or PC signed onto the same iCloud account with Photo Stream turned on.

Best of luck,

GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.