Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Payment method declined. Please enter another payment method"

i havent yet added my debit card details to my iTunes account. Up until now I've been using gift cards to make purchases. However, I just went to enter my debit card details onto my iTunes account so I could buy a song, but for some reason it won't accept my card and continues to tell me "payment method declined. Please enter another payment method". I have been trying to do this for about an hour, why won't it work?!

I have recently had a new debit card just last week, but other transactions have been made with it since then so Im sure that isn't the issue. Can anyone help?

iPad

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:48 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 11:07 PM in response to georgiabohh

Not all debit cards seem to still be accepted, and might not be accepted at all in some countries.

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you and your iTunes account are.

Do you have a credit card that you could try ? Or you could continue just using iTunes gift cards as your payment method.

"Payment method declined. Please enter another payment method"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.