Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon Search Results not Displaying in Safari

Searches complete on the Amazon site but results are not displayed. Heading appears at top of page saying "xx of xxxx" results for "search term." A banner displays at top of page showing how many pages of search results were generated. Ad content is displayed. Beneath that is a search feedback box helpfully asking if I found what I was searching for. I guess I shouldn't lose my sense of humor about this.

I believe this is a browser problem because I successfully completed searches using an old Firefox browser on the same machine. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Dave

OS X Version 10.8.5

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Safari Version 6.2.7

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:47 PM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:38 PM in response to 1960DAVE

Might be a cookies, cache, extensions, or plug-ins issue.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, from the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Aug 5, 2015 8:25 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn:

I'm afraid this will remain a mystery. Armed with your instructions, I first returned to the Amazon site to confirm that I still had the problem. Lo and behold, searches now complete in a normal manner. Without taking any action, this seems to have gone away (my favorite kind of problem).

I very much appreciate your taking the time to help me. I will retain your post should this recur.

Thank you,

Dave

Amazon Search Results not Displaying in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.