Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parallels 10 Windows 10 install error not enough ram on PC

I am running the latest version of Paralles to then run Windows 7. I have installed all the latest updates and far exceed the minimum system requirements to upgrade to Windows 10. I am using an early 2015 MacBook Pro 13" Retina with 8 GB of ram. However, when I click on the Windows update button each time I am given an error that the "PC doesn't have enough ram". I was on the Parallels site and they recommended uninstalling and reinstalling update KB3035583. I've gone through this process multiple times and continue getting the same error. I have adjusted my Parallels setting to allow all 8 GB of ram to be allocated to the Windows OS. I am still given the same low ram error. Anyone else having this problem and know of a work around?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 13"

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:05 PM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2015 3:27 PM in response to BCmacD

BCmacD wrote:

...Without making any changes now my computer system is compatible with the upgrade and now I'm in the queue waiting for the update notification...

The link I provided in my first post would let you download a Microsoft utility to initiate the download and install process without having to wait in the queue. Access that link from within Windows.

Parallels 10 Windows 10 install error not enough ram on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.