Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I unlock a track?

A track is locked and no amount of clicking things in any combo will unlock it. GB 10. Thanks Apple... this interface just gets worse with every update. Any advice is most appreciated.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:55 PM

5 replies

Aug 3, 2015 11:24 PM in response to Harold Daniels

Harold Daniels wrote:

A track is locked and no amount of clicking things in any combo will unlock it. GB 10. Thanks Apple... this interface just gets worse with every update. Any advice is most appreciated.

What are you trying to do? The functionality is pretty simple and logical and works "as advertised":

• Any Tack can be locked so GarageBand won't let you do any edits (by accident) on any of the Regions on that Track
  • To lock a Track, you have to make the Track Lock Button visible first (Track ➤ Track Header ➤ Show/Hide Track Lock)
  • Once the Track Lock Button is visible on the Track Headers, you can toggle it for each Track individually (green=locked, gray=unlocked)User uploaded file

BTW, you cannot slide a Track, what you are sliding (editing) are the Regions on the Track (the so-called Track Lane). If the Track is unlocked, you can slide (move) the Regions along the Track Lane.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Aug 3, 2015 11:41 PM in response to Harold Daniels

OK I unlocked the track. But I cannot "slide" it to adjust the start time. I want to move to the right so it starst later.. Any advice?

Just hunch, but Is your track the soundtrack of a movie? The audio regions of a movie cannot be moved in their original track. The audio region will remain locked, even if you unlock the track. You have to copy and paste them to a new track.

User uploaded file

how can I unlock a track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.