Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it normal I have to charge my iPod 6 like 3-4 times a day?

i Followed the guide already here on the apple site about optimizing your battery life I have my brightness all the way down everything but wifi is off apps dont refresh mail is on manual like when I open the mail app handoff is turned off the motion thingy is off so i just need to know is this normal for iOS and please don't say I need to return it to walmart cuz it's not a hardware issue cuz I have already done that and it's the same issue

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:40 PM

19 replies

Aug 4, 2015 1:07 AM in response to Thelegacy32

What model iPod?

How old is it?

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Aug 5, 2015 1:39 PM in response to AJ397

yes background app refresh is off and no I has to use a different Apple ID cuz one of the main reasons I returned my last ipof is I thought there was a hardware issue where I couldn't sign in to FaceTime and iMessage turns out it's because I messed up and used an actual email to sign in to FaceTime and iMessage I just did a full cycle charge the battery may have not been calibrated I'll let you know what happens

Aug 5, 2015 4:16 PM in response to Thelegacy32

OKay I figured out what the issue is since this ipod is pretty new a lot of the games and apps isn't optimized for it yet I've noticed on certain games that said its compatible for the iPod 5 which has no mention of the iPod 6 it runs very hot like the vain glory game will run hot in like 10 min of use and not a normal hot very hot so I just need to wait till the apps and games get optimized for this device and btw since I figured this out I was doing some experimenting by playing the games that don't run hot like Star Wars commander and my ipod is at 50% with over 2 hours of usage so yeah Thanks everyone for the help the only fix is the wait for the apps and games to be optimized shouldn't take long cuz I heard Apple is the best lol

Is it normal I have to charge my iPod 6 like 3-4 times a day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.