Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The icons on my 5s have suddenly enlarged and I can't do anything with them. This is my 3rd iPhone and is it ever a pain. At 86 years old I've grown to hate u!

The icons on my 5s have suddenly enlarged and I can't restore them to a normal look. I'm 86 years old and fast coming to hate the phones I used to love so much. this is my 3rd iPhone. I was formerly the Publisher of Popular Electronics Magazine and knew Mr. Jobs personally. Your success has made you come told despise the little guy, even though I have an iMac, iPad and this is my third iPhone. Now I have to go to bed and wake up with no phone. I feel cheated!!

The Rev. Edgar W. Hopper

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, I'm 86 years old used to love you!

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:50 PM

Apple is not here - this is a user to user technical support forum. Your icons are enlarged because your device is in Zoom mode. Tap on the screen 2 times with 3 fingers to get out of Zoom mode. If you want to turn off Zoom mode permanently so you don't accidentally get into it again go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Zoom, and turn it Off.

Best of luck,

GB

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 8:50 PM in response to deaconew

Apple is not here - this is a user to user technical support forum. Your icons are enlarged because your device is in Zoom mode. Tap on the screen 2 times with 3 fingers to get out of Zoom mode. If you want to turn off Zoom mode permanently so you don't accidentally get into it again go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Zoom, and turn it Off.

Best of luck,

GB

Aug 3, 2015 10:00 PM in response to deaconew

Edgar - glad I was able to help. Just remember that help will always be given at Hogwarts for those who ask for it....(sorry - just finished re-watching Harry Potter recently....) 🙂

But really, there are a lot of really experienced folks who participate on this forum regularly, and they know a lot of stuff! When things get frustrating, just post your question here and we will all try to help!

Cheers,

GB

The icons on my 5s have suddenly enlarged and I can't do anything with them. This is my 3rd iPhone and is it ever a pain. At 86 years old I've grown to hate u!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.