Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook pro malfunctions when running certain performing certain tasks

I have a MacBook pro 2011 with the following Specs

• 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
  • 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
  • 750GB SATA Disk.
  • Running Yosemite 10.10.4

• Ever since I upgraded to latest Yosemite Edition. I am having al lot of problems using this Mac. At times its running ok. Then all over of a sudden it starts malfunctioning when running applications lets say Adobe Acrobat, or accessing certain website eg Youtube. When It starts malfunctioning it will restart itself several times prompting you to enter password and looping over and over again(Sometimes this could go on for over 10 Mins until it officially boots). During this time it will either display blue screen at instances or blurred screen.

This malfunctioning is not specific to a particular application or website, For example I connected an ipad to charge and the same thing happened. Its becoming worrying to me since I can not run anything. There is no interval at which this happens, It can function well for two, three days, then cycle starts.

Could anyone kindly help me to sort out this issue??

Thanks

Boniface

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:14 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 11:16 PM in response to bonnie_act

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that may help after an OS X update or upgrade.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

About Safe Mode

MacBook pro malfunctions when running certain performing certain tasks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.