Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple update my iOS version on my iPad if I send it in for a battery repair service?

Hello, I was wondering if I do a battery service with Apple will they update my iOS version? I have an iPad 4 running iOS 6 and if I send it in for a battery repair will I get it back with the same iOS I was on or will they upgrade my iOS? Thanks

iPad, iOS 6

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:15 AM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2015 1:14 PM in response to seamlessly

Apple won't update it either if nothing goes wrong with the battery installation. If something did go wrong they would replace the device and expect you to load from your backup. Make sure the authorized repair store is also authorized to work on iPads (not just Macs). If they are not you will lose all future support from Apple. If you have an Apple Store near you I would make a Genius Bar appointment and take it there.

Will Apple update my iOS version on my iPad if I send it in for a battery repair service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.