Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac pro wont start. It makes three 1 second beeps about a second apart and repeats evry 5 seconds. The screen is dark and it attempts to start the inbuilt disk drive but fails. There is a disc in the drive. What is going on.

My Mac pro wont start. It makes three 1 second beeps about a second apart and repeats evry 5 seconds. The screen is dark and it attempts to start the inbuilt disk drive but fails. There is a disc in the drive. What is going on.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:13 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 4:15 AM in response to western5

Hold the trackpad down when you start up the MBP and see if the disk will be ejected.

There is an issue with the RAM. Take out the modules and clean the contacts and reinstall them. Make certain that they are well seated.

If the results are the same, take out one module and test the other one in each slot. Then swap the modules and test the other one in each slot. This tests to see if one module or one slot is faulty.

If you have installed new RAM, install the original RAM and test.

If no success, make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar for a FREE evaluation.

Ciao.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.