Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uploading pictures from iPhone to Flickr, not all pictures upload

Trying to upload pictures from iPhone 6 Photos to Flickr via the Flickr app. All the pictures I select don't get uploaded. Only the first 16-20 pictures upload. Everything else gets skipped.

Anyone else run into this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:30 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 11:12 PM in response to sdh91

Small numbers of pictures do work. I agree that not all image files are the same size. But if iPhone & Flickr let me select any number of pictures and say "upload", then it needs to upload.

Regarding the link you posted, the complaints there seem to be about error messages and uploading from the computer. And also, upload from iPhone was working fine for me last week. It's only very recently I'm having my problem. Very strange...

Aug 10, 2015 2:58 PM in response to sdh91

Update. I was able to inform Yahoo support about the issue. Two (3 actually) things came of it:

1) The support rep was able to reproduce the issue as I described it, and they passed it to engineering.

2) I became aware of a workaround (**)

3) I'm in complete shock (but happy) that, from a giant faceless monolith like Yahoo, a person actually engaged a user's issue, rather than spewing canned advice like, restart the app, reboot the phone etc.

** Workaround: Select pictures to upload within the Flickr app, rather than within Photos.

Specifically: Activate the Flickr App. Tap the camera icon on the bottom middle of the screen. (This activates the iphone camera.) Tap the icon in the bottom left corner of the screen that looks like a photo thumbnail. (This accesses photo albums on the iphone.) Select pictures. Tap "Done" when finished selecting then tap Post or Upload to start the upload.

It's not a perfect workaround, because there's no select-all ability in the Flickr selection function, so if you've taken a large number of pictures in a day and you want to upload them all, it's a bit of a PITA. But at least all selected pictures upload this way, whether it's 10 or 100.

uploading pictures from iPhone to Flickr, not all pictures upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.