Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Arrangement Markers without deleting music

Hi all,

I am a new Logic Pro X user and I want to know how to delete Arrangement Markers without deleting the music below it. I also want to know how to add Arrangement Markers (with each new marker appearing to the right of the previous one!...not happening now).

I am running Yosemite 10.10.4 on a 13-in Mac Book Pro, 3GHz Intel i7, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM.

I recorded a song at a studio a few months ago and wanted to try to mix it myself. The studio sent me the individual track audio files (stems) and I imported these into a new project.

I wanted to try the drummer functionality and was told I had to add Arrangement Markers.

Here's the problem: when adding the arrangement markers (using the + button), they do not add successively to the right as they should. The new markers are showing up under my first arrangement marker which is very annoying. I tried deleting the markers but they remove the music that's below it (I don't want that!).

So I would like to know two things:

1. How to delete the arrangement markers without removing music below it

2. How to add markers so that they are added successively to the right (not happening now).

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2017 7:16 AM

H

cmscss wrote:

Unfortunately, Arrangement Markers in Logic are missing:

- Delete a marker without deleting audio/midi under the marker

You seem to have missed this recent change? Suspend allows you to deal with Arrangement markers without involving the content.

User uploaded file

CCT

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2017 7:16 AM in response to cmscss

H

cmscss wrote:

You seem to have missed this recent change? Suspend allows you to deal with Arrangement markers without involving the content.

User uploaded file

CCT

Aug 26, 2017 6:14 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

The idea of arangement markers is awesome - anyone whose used song mode on an MPC understands how flexible the concept is.

- Move a marker beyone the song to temporarily save markers that you're not sure fit in the song (yet)

- Move a marker right and have all subsequent markers move right (instead of cropping into the next marker)

- Double click to rename instaed of the painful >Menu >Rename workflow

- Set a loop amount in bars per marker (loop the verse marker 4 times etc)

Anyway, hopefully there are improvements in the pipeipline from Apple. You start using them but give up because there's too many restrictions which results in endless clicking and dragging.

In the ened, everyone I've talked to simply gives up and I completely understand where they're coming from - it's currently a half baked feature - great concept though.

Such a shame because the general idea is awesome.

Aug 4, 2015 12:02 AM in response to idj71

There is no specific "Remove Arrangement Marker (without deleting Regions)" command. The only trick is to drag its right border (the Junction Tool appears) all the way to the left, resizing it to "zereo length", which means technically removing it.

New Arrangement Markers are always created at the end of the last Marker when you use the Plus button on the Track Header so there is never a gab between Markers. Even when you use the Pencil Tool and click on the right after the last Arrangement Marker, the last Marker will extend to fill the gab. I have never seen two Arrangement Markers on top of each other.

Here is an excerpt from book Logic Pro X - How it Works" that explains the different commands and the important difference between Managing Arrangement Markers and Using Arrangement Markers:

User uploaded file

idj71 wrote:

Here's the problem: when adding the arrangement markers (using the + button), they do not add successively to the right as they should. The new markers are showing up under my first arrangement marker which is very annoying. I tried deleting the markers but they remove the music that's below it (I don't want that!).

Is it possible that you press on the Plus Button of the Marker Track and not the Arrangement Marker Track (two totally different Tracks with totally different functionality). It is then also possible to have a Marker (not a Marker Track) and Regions selected at the same time. When you hit delete, then the Marker and the Regions are deleted.

BTW, you don't need the Arrangement Track to add a Drummer Track. However, if you have Arrangement Markers in your Project, then the new Drummer Regions will follow look up the name of the Arrangement Marker (Intro, Verse, Chorus, etc.) and choose a specific Drummer Preset that is suitable for that section. I also explain that functionality in more details in my Logic book

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Delete Arrangement Markers without deleting music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.