Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family share no longer works with ipod nano

My children have an ipod nano each. I bought some new albums today on our shared family plan and they have downloaded on all our devices apart from these two nanos - which are the only two devices I actually wanted them for in the first place.

Why havent the nanos downloaded the music I've bought for them? I understand there is a new apple music system starting that doesnt support nanos (another con) but I havent downloaded that.

I want the music i bought to go on these two nanos - how do I do that?

Thanks

iPod nano (7th generation)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:20 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 2:59 PM in response to aland33

Hello aland33,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want music you purchased to be automatically downloaded to an iPod Nano. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Turn on Automatic Downloads - Apple Support

Automatically download purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store to your computer, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Since this is on a iPod Nano, you can sync the music using iTunes.

Manage content manually on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

family share no longer works with ipod nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.