Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a session that doesn't work normally

Hi everyone,

I have a session that doesn't work normally in logic pro, it says : "System Overload. The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time".

But it's the only session that says this message.

Any Ideas?

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:54 AM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:33 PM in response to StylDavies

Whatever you are using in that project, is overloading the system.... so it cannot process everything in real time.

It's likely to be you have used too many plugins that are placing greater loads on your system...

Some Tips....

1) Check your FX plugins and if possible, use busses for FX plugins that are duplicated with the same settings, on different tracks... so instead of say 5 FX plugins all working separately, you only use one, bussed to reduce the overall load.

2) Turn off Analyze mode in Logic's track EQ if used....

3) Freeze or Bounce in Place various tracks to reduce the load on your system... (This normally dramatically reduces load)

4) Reduce the number of FX plugins used or replace them with less CPU hungry versions....

5) If you are using Software Instrument plugins that have special CPU limiting functionality (Like Diva for example) switch the Plugin's performance mode to a lower setting like Draft mode in Diva...... (Check the manual for any 3rd party plugins you are using, as to if this capability is available for that plugin)

6) In a Software Instrument Plugin that is using a lot of CPU... try reducing it's polyphony to reduce the load...

i have a session that doesn't work normally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.