Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Show Music Available Offline" Button Doesn't Exist

Hi there,

I just got an iPhone 6. I do not use Apple Music and nor do I listen to my music from iTunes from my cloud (data charges and all that). I prefer to download part of my iTunes library to my device, which I know how to do. However, my question is thus: How can I ONLY see the music available offline? I don't want to see what else is available from the cloud. I just want to see what's available that I downloaded on my device.

Now, I know about the "Show music available offline" button in the sorting menu. However, it doesn't exist for me. Instead, all it says is, "Show itunes purchases". Does anyone have a fix for this? I really dislike scrolling through everything when all I want to see is my download

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 1:06 AM

Yeah, I'm sick to the back teeth too with new Apple Music. Can't see at least 2/3 of my purchased music on any of my mobile devices. There is no button/tab saying Show Music Available Offline - all I see is Show iTunes Purchases, which is useless. What happened to that button that is supposed to be there on all the help pages?

All this I feel is to coax you into their streaming services, which I have zero interest in, I'm very particular about precisely what music I want to listen and when, and the "upgrade" to Apple Music from iTunes is utterly heinous. I get one or two songs appearing from a particular album - presumably I'd downloaded those onto the device BEFORE the "upgrade". But I should be able to get a list of what songs are missing and download them on to the device when I'm on my home wifi, rather than discover them missing when out. In fact I need the inverse....Show Music Available Online, and work backwards from that.

Shocking. Worst thought out upgrade of ITunes yet, I was so satisfied before. I own 4 Apple computers, 3 iphones, 2 ipads and feel completely sold short.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2015 1:06 AM in response to itsaudacious

Yeah, I'm sick to the back teeth too with new Apple Music. Can't see at least 2/3 of my purchased music on any of my mobile devices. There is no button/tab saying Show Music Available Offline - all I see is Show iTunes Purchases, which is useless. What happened to that button that is supposed to be there on all the help pages?

All this I feel is to coax you into their streaming services, which I have zero interest in, I'm very particular about precisely what music I want to listen and when, and the "upgrade" to Apple Music from iTunes is utterly heinous. I get one or two songs appearing from a particular album - presumably I'd downloaded those onto the device BEFORE the "upgrade". But I should be able to get a list of what songs are missing and download them on to the device when I'm on my home wifi, rather than discover them missing when out. In fact I need the inverse....Show Music Available Online, and work backwards from that.

Shocking. Worst thought out upgrade of ITunes yet, I was so satisfied before. I own 4 Apple computers, 3 iphones, 2 ipads and feel completely sold short.

"Show Music Available Offline" Button Doesn't Exist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.