Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with getting music to my iPhone 6

Hello everyone,

This is basically my first post, & my question I also posted in another part of the support forums. I wanted to to reach the right people & I wasn't sure if I had posted the question in the correct place to begin with. So if we're not supposed to double the questions in two or more places within the forum I apologize. But I could really use some help figuring this out.

I had an iPhone 5. When I got the new software update about a month ago, I updated so I could try Apple Music. The first issue I noticed was that playlists I had made previously on iTunes were gone. The list was there with maybe 3 songs. Okay whatever, not earth-shattering. About a week ago I upgraded and got the iPhone 6. Enabled the cloud-sharing, entered my iTunes ID & all that stuff on my new phone. Problem is playlists I'd made from Apple Music on my 5 show up on the 6, BUT only allow me to play music if I'm hooked up to wifi (which was never an issue on my 5. Actually there were times I had NO SERVICE & I could still play all the songs on my playlist). The other issue which is the one that I'm really hoping someone can help with is that I can't add any new songs to any playlists I've made on Apple Music. So it let me listen to it, but when I click the option "add song to playlist" it says "added" with the big checkmark, but NO song in the playlist. I've been playing around for about an hour trying to figure out why. If anyone has any ideas or solutions it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ashley- Piccolina87

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, iPhone 5 & Apple Music

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, iPhone 5 & Apple Music

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:53 AM

There are no replies.

Need help with getting music to my iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.