Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime Error 2229

Hi,

How to solve the Quicktime error 2229 for Windows 10? My iPhone doesnt work with itune too! iTunes doesnt reconize my iPhone

Thanks

iPhone 4S, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 10:42 AM

I have a similar problem.

- A brand new installation of Windows 10

- on Parallels on Mac OSX 10.10.4

- does not allow to install the current version of QuickTime for Windows

- without producing error 2229.

8 replies

Sep 5, 2015 5:25 PM in response to ChrisvdBerg

I have Windows 10 with a working version of QuickTime 7.7.7. That is only because QuickTime was already on the computer when Windows 10 was installed. Apple apparently doesn't have a QuickTime installer for Windows 10, wether they will or not remains unknown because the forum moderator is to lame to answer or doesn't have a clue. So you're likely out of luck.

The only thing I can think of to try is go to: C:\ Doucuments and Settings\ All Users\ Application Data\ Apple Computer\ Installer Cache\ QuickTime - now double click on the msi file and choose repair. Hopefully you have this path cause I'm not currently on the Windows 10 computer, but it should be there and worth a try. If you don't have that path, see if can locate the most current msi file for the QuickTime 7.7.6 and double click on it. It should be in C:\ Windows\ Installer

Quicktime Error 2229

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.