Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13 Retina upgrade to Windows 10

I have a 2014 MacBook Pro 13 Retina. I am currently running windows 8.1 from bootcamp. Are there any issues if I upgrade to windows 10 directly from Windows 8.1?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 12:32 AM

9 replies

Aug 6, 2015 12:29 PM in response to daku7

I've done a clean install of windows 10 on my early 2015 macbook pro 13" retina. Everything seems to work fine except I'm having trouble getting a usb mouse to function. Eventually, I'd like to use a usb keyboard as well, but I haven't gotten there yet. So to the OP's question -- it seems to work fine, but there are quirks. Edit: I have been reading of others who have made the upgrade from windows 8 in their partition (as opposed to a clean install) and it seems to be ok too.

I'm assuming the issues I'm running into are driver related, but don't really know enough to say for sure. Does anyone have recommendations for how to trouble shoot this? Should I bail and go back to windows 8? Buy a different mouse and try it out?

Aug 8, 2015 2:03 PM in response to daku7

Hi

I have done an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10, on my MacBook Pro 13" Retina. Here is what I have discovered.... (note: all were working in Windows 8.1)

Working:

Inbuilt Keyboard & Trackpad

Microphone

Webcam

Wireless

Audio

Not Working:

Bluetooth

Function keys at top of keyboard (substituted by standard F1,F2,F3 etc - so can't adjust volume and brightness etc easily)

Hope this helps and hope there is a bootcamp update soon!

MacBook Pro 13 Retina upgrade to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.