Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old email address for Apple ID keeps popping up!

I have a number of Apple Devices and one Apple ID account as far as I am concerned.

Linked to it are an iPhone 5, iPad, and iMac x 2.

I changed my email address which was my account name. I logged in and changed / confirmed about 3 years ago. SInce then everything works OK.

I can successfully log into the iCloud etc using this 'new' email address.

But, when starting Macs up, I keep getting a pop up box saying log into account from the 'old email address'

Where can I access this old version and kill it off without fear of deleting the new one?

I went to the icloud to check settings, and only the new email is shown as you would expect. I tinkered with a postal address, and again, the old email popped up as the account to use password for to make change. Grrrrrr.

G4 iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2.16 intel Duo, 3GB SDRAM

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 4:54 AM

There are no replies.

Old email address for Apple ID keeps popping up!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.