Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Fix the Broken Bootcamp Partition after Resizing Mac OS X Partition

Hi guys! Yesterday I was trying to resize my Windows 7 partition and now, I cannot seem to boot it up even though there is "WINDOWS" option in black screen mode.

I'm using Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013 and OS is Yosemite 10.10.4

Here are some useful information:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I'm currently using "Deeper Search" function on Test disk but I don't know if I chose the right MS Data.

I've looked into many similar posts and it seemed like Loner T is very well informed about this issue.

Please help and thank you so much in advance!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 12:03 AM

49 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:36 AM in response to ReadyEddie

*FYI* I have followed http://nerdr.com/bootcamp-partition-lost-repairing-mac-partitions/ guide and created hybrid MBR for disc0s4 and still got the error when trying to boot the windows partition.

This can cause data loss. If your GPT is corrupt and the MBR is correct, overwriting the MBR has just cost you your Windows installation. This is an irresponsible article without understanding the ramifications of the actions.

Aug 4, 2015 6:41 AM in response to ReadyEddie

The following table shows you the most reasonable candidate.

GPT3 StartGPT 3 SizeGPT3 EndSector OffsetNTFS StartNTFS SizeNTFS EndSector Offset (GB)NTFS Size (GB)

Go to the MS Data entry at the address in the NTFS Start column and use 'P' to list files. The output should look similar to the following.

User uploaded file

How to Fix the Broken Bootcamp Partition after Resizing Mac OS X Partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.