Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I delete photos the ram remains in my iPad and in storage it says I have more photos than I actually do. I have almost no ram because it's all being gradually taken up by photos that I don't have on my iPad anymore. Help?

When I delete photos the ram remains in my iPad and in storage it says I have more photos than I actually do. I have almost no ram because it's all being gradually taken up by photos that I don't even have on my iPad anymore. It doesn't go down when I delete photos, even when I have no photos or videos or anything in my Photos my iPad's storage stats tell me there's like 50 gigs worth of photos. What causes this? How can I fix this? I can delete apps and regain ram but deleting photos doesn't reduce ram usage at all, it only grows. Yes, I have restarted my iPad. Once in the past I had this same problem and it fixed itself after updating to the latest ios but every time I update my ipad's software it gets glitchier so I don't want to update again, and I don't want to have to wait for there to be a software update every time I want to clear my ram after removing some photos.

iPad Air

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 2:35 AM

2 replies

Aug 4, 2015 3:50 AM in response to whatwouldspockdo

Launch the Photos app and delete all of your Recently Deleted photos from your Recently Deleted album.

Then go to Settings>General>Date & Time, and change the date back to over a year ago. Go back to the Recently Deleted folder. Open the album even if it says 0 photos. When you open it, delete the photos again, if they appear in there. Go back to Settings>General>Date & Time>Set Automatically>On.

When I delete photos the ram remains in my iPad and in storage it says I have more photos than I actually do. I have almost no ram because it's all being gradually taken up by photos that I don't have on my iPad anymore. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.