Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

youtube html5 with clicktoflash

Hello,

I am a little new to Mac, I would like to use Safari as web browser. I have installed ClicktoFlash plugin.

In youtube videos I don't get the quality and CC switches on Safari with ClicktoFlash. If I disable ClicktoFlash then youtube uses flash player which I don't want to. youtube.com/html5 page shows safari can't play some formats as following :

What does this browser support?

• HTMLVideoElement

• H.264

• WebM VP8

• Media Source Extensions

• MSE & H.264

• MSE & WebM VP9

What's the solution for this?

Regards.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 2:37 AM

Flash is not safe to use anymore > http://www.cnet.com/news/gone-in-a-flash-facebook-says-adobes-plug-in-is-a-secur ity-risk-no-longer-worth-taking/

Better to use HTML 5 > how to force HTML5 video?

Uninstall Flash > Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions. Unintall ClickToFlash.

Without Flash installed, YouTube video content will load in HTML 5 automatically. No need to install anythiing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 2:37 AM in response to aksoy80

Flash is not safe to use anymore > http://www.cnet.com/news/gone-in-a-flash-facebook-says-adobes-plug-in-is-a-secur ity-risk-no-longer-worth-taking/

Better to use HTML 5 > how to force HTML5 video?

Uninstall Flash > Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions. Unintall ClickToFlash.

Without Flash installed, YouTube video content will load in HTML 5 automatically. No need to install anythiing.

youtube html5 with clicktoflash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.