Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hardware issue? My iphone 6 turns the volume on and off from vibrate to on, all by itself. Already factory restored it, still doing it.

My phone keeps buzzing and it goes from volume off to volume on, all by itself.

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:21 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 3:00 PM in response to jeannine from penticton

Hi Jeannine,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, there is an issue with the Ring/Silent switch on the side of your iPhone 6. The article below provides troubleshooting tips that can help you resolve the issue with the device.

Get help with buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If any of these buttons or switches aren't working, follow these steps. Test after each step:

1. Unlock your device. Some buttons don't work from the Lock screen.
  2. Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch and clean it with a soft cloth.
  3. Remove all protective films and cases that might interfere with the button or switch.

Get more help

If the button or switch still isn't working, if it works intermittently, or if it's damaged, contact Apple Supportto set up service.

Take care.

Hardware issue? My iphone 6 turns the volume on and off from vibrate to on, all by itself. Already factory restored it, still doing it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.