Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grey screen appears with a flashing question mark folder

When I turn on my mac book a grey screen appears with a flashing question mark folder. If I hold down the option key when I turn it on I get place my wifi password in and click on an arrow for Internet recovery. After 1 or 2 seconds,

apple.com/support

-6003F

appear. There is a globe with colon symbol.

Need help to resolve this problem. Anyone please help me.

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 2:28 AM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 3:40 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for your reply. But, it is not fixed yet. I go through the link and followed the steps. I could not complete this. I am stuck at this point -

If your Mac doesn't start up

If your Mac starts up to a flashing question mark but then doesn't continue starting up, try these steps.

1. Turn off your Mac by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds.
  2. Press the power button once to turn your Mac back on. When you hear the startup sound, immediately press and hold the Command and R keys on your keyboard to start your Mac from OS X Recovery. Keep these two keys held down until you see an Apple logo or globe appear.

Globe appear with a colon symbol. That's all. Is there any way to resolved this problem?

Thanks again.

Aug 4, 2015 3:53 AM in response to sagor.mohi

The colon symbol is a puzzle to me. I have never heard of this.

Boot the MBP with the OPTION + COMMAND + R keys. Do you get a display with a revolving globe?

If so, by following the directions, you will be connected to the Apple servers.

There will be a 4 option menu from which you can select Disk Utility>First Aid and repair your disk or reinstall the original OSX.

You will need a solid Internet connection.

Ciao.

Grey screen appears with a flashing question mark folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.