Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have storage with another apple account that I don't really use but there is info on it. How can I switch my storage to my own personal account?

I have an Apple ID with my ex husband. How do I switch my storage from that account to my own personal account?

Storage -OTHER

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 3:28 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If you are talking about the paid for space in iCloud, you can't transfer that to another account, you should cancel the subscription to the storage on the old account and take out a new one on your new account.

3 replies

Aug 4, 2015 3:41 AM in response to sarah_oneilljones79

From a mobile device its settings > iCloud > storage > change storage plan and from a Mac it's system preference > iCloud > manage > buy more storage, you will need to be logged into the appropriate account to do this.

You won't be able to use iTunes content unless you continue to use the old account for iTunes (if you use automatic downloads or iTunes match, you can't keep switching either), whether or not you can still access photos depends on how you currently manage them and how many there are. What size is the library, do you use photo stream, iCloud photo library or both.

I have storage with another apple account that I don't really use but there is info on it. How can I switch my storage to my own personal account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.