Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I mark a contact as VIP if that contact does not have an email address?

So... I have my phone set to go into Do Not Disturb at 9PM. I have the key contacts from my clients marked as VIP so they will always get through to me. However, I also have environmental monitors in several server rooms that will call me with alerts (temperature, loud noise, etc). So these contacts (the monitors) have valid phone numbers as these devices place an actual voice call. However, they do not have an email address. I'd like to flag them in my Contacts list as VIP so calls from them will also go through when my phone is in DND. Is there a way to do this without using the email app?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:58 AM

You should be able to add them as a favorite in the Contacts app and allow Favorites to go through Do Not Disturb. It shouldn't be reliant on the email app.

2 replies

How do I mark a contact as VIP if that contact does not have an email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.