Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to unlock completely disabled iPhone for use, and iTunes is telling me error 9006. Tried every solution I could. HELP!

I recently bought an iPhone 6plus that is disabled to emergency calls only, connect to itunes. I have a 5c that did the same thing, but restored without a problem. I can't seem to get the 6plus over 640.0mb before it stops downloading and restoring and tells me that an error (9006) has occurred, and to check my internet connection or try again later. I just want to get this bad boy restored

so I can use it. Can anyone help me?

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:44 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 5:45 AM in response to laceyfromindiana

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Check your security software

Errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1611, 9006.

Sometimes security software can stop your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or with your device.

Check your security software and settings to make sure that they aren't blocking a connection to the Apple servers.

If you still see the error message, check for USB connection issues.

Trying to unlock completely disabled iPhone for use, and iTunes is telling me error 9006. Tried every solution I could. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.