Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble after restoring.

hello there, I have recently just restored my iPad Air and now I have managed to get back onto it I have tried to back up my iPad air to get all my photos back and its sending a verification code to a wrong number? how do I change this number so the code can be sent to my own number.

I have already changed my number on apple id but it still hasn't changed it when im trying to send a verification code its still coming up a random phone number.

Any information on this problem would be appreciated.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:41 AM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Emjaynex

Hello Emjaynex,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you have two step verification setup, and it is sending the code to a different device. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

If you can't sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID - Apple Support

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to My Apple ID, select Manage your Apple ID, and sign in.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Unable to receive messages at any of your devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Then, under Edit your Apple ID, select Password and Security > Trusted devices > Manage.
  5. Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity.
  6. Either verify another device already listed, or select Set up Find My iPhone to add a new trusted device to your list.

Apple ID: About two-step verification and SMS - Apple Support

Add or remove an SMS-capable number from your account:

1. Go to My Apple ID.
  2. Select Manage your Apple ID and sign in.
  3. Select Password and Security.
  4. In the Trusted Devices section, select Manage.
  5. To add a number, select Add an SMS-capable phone number.
  6. To remove a number, select Remove next to the verified phone number associated with your Apple ID.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

Trouble after restoring.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.