Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 Bootcamp Fn Keys not working

So, I recently Installed Windows 10 Pro (Not Preview), and everything seemed to work fine except the Fn Keys. I am now unable to change the Brightness, Volume, etc.

I went to my Mac Partition, erased my 8GB Flash Drive to (FAT), and went to bootcamp and selected to copy the Drivers into the USB. I did this and when I installed it, I restarted as promoted, and still, the Fn Keys didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Mac OS X Yosemite

Windows 10

MacBook Pro Mid-2014

Thanks in advance,

Coto

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:04 AM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2015 11:04 AM in response to Cotospanakis

I actually got it working. If you take that USB with the bootcamp and driver stuff on it and open it up, go to this folder, my usb was in the E drive, "E:\BootCamp\Drivers\Apple" and in that folder there is a file called "AppleKeyboardInstaller64".. Just install that and it should work. That is what I did and it works now. I thought I would test this out since I have done stuff like this before too 🙂 I hope it works for you as well. Good luck!

USB>BootCamp>Drivers>Apple>AppleKeyboardInstaller64

Windows 10 Bootcamp Fn Keys not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.