Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime on MAC with external camera rings, but doesn't connect

Trying to set my Boss up with an external conference camera (logitech BCC950) on his MAC for Facetime.

We can select the external webcam, speaker & mic in facetime preferences no problem and camera etc works.

Making a call in facetime, rings the contact OK, as soon as they answer the call - the session disconnects.

Making a call using the builtin camera is fine.

Skype calls work fine with the logitech, so there isn't an issue with the hardware\compatability (camera is listed iOS compatible).

Don't know if this is related,but the MAC wont receive a facetime call either. It doesn't ring, yet iphone and ipad right next to it ring no problem.

Any assistance welcome (I'm not a MAC user so please be gentle!)

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 4:52 AM

6 replies

Aug 6, 2015 2:13 PM in response to BasicThinking

If you need help with the Logitech part of your boss's system, http://support.logitech.com/product/conferencecam shows the support information for this Logitech camera.

You will need to check your bosses System to see weather his Mac hardware and OS meet every system requirement for using this particular Logitech.

It is not unusual for non-Apple software to cause or experience conflicts. If your boss has added Logitech software, follow Logitech's instructions for uninstalling it to see if the camera will work with FT when the Logitech software is not installed.

If you still can't resolve the issue, try the Logitech Forums link on the support page. Perhaps the Logitech users who post there already have an answer.

If all else fails, try the Get Help link from the Support page. Logitech's technical support people should have the best help for problems using your boss's System with their product.

If you believe that the problem is related solely to FaceTime, see Apple's Troubleshooting FaceTime for Mac.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.4

Aug 7, 2015 9:18 AM in response to BasicThinking

You're welcome, James.

I agree with your good analysis. However, because the Mac;'s internal camera works for FaceTime,

it seems to me that problem must be related to the third-party camera.

Therefore, unless you get the answer you need here, I think that the Logitech Forum

or Logitech tech support is still your best bet.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

EZ Jim

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.4

Aug 18, 2015 1:07 AM in response to EZ Jim

Not sure this will help anyone in the same situation.

I connected up another webcam, which happened to be a different model of logitech, and that worked straight off.

Reconnecting the ConferenceCam after this then worked.

Worked great once we figured out that the Sound\speakers aren't divereted to the different devices under Facetime settings, have to go to general > sounds, Annoying its not all in the same place (Skype got it right!)

facetime on MAC with external camera rings, but doesn't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.