Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB and Bluetooth woes. Bootcamp blows.

Don't know where to start - so here goes:

Late 2013 iMac - I got a wild hair up my butt to foolishly put Windows on the Mac. I followed the bootcamp instructions, but must have unchecked or checked the option about drivers, I can't remember. Long story short, Bluetooth mouse and keyboard cannot connect and therefore do nothing and none of the usb ports on the back of the machine will recognize anything plugged in to them. I did buy a Mac compatible wired keyboard that for the briefest of split seconds allowed me to choose between regular or recovery boot disks. And I chose the wrong one, of course. That's the only time I was able to get the recovery disk option to show up.

So, to recap, USB and Bluetooth are not working properly. I can't enter a password on the login screen and I cannot use the keyboard aided reboot shenanigans either. I CAN however, access the files and such through my MacBook. And I just know there's some command line magic that could be done to maybe solve this, but I am not well versed and not sure what I am looking for. If there is a way to repair the disk remotely, that'd be a start, but I can't seem to get disk utility to see the iMac drives and not the macBook ones.

That's the story, morning glory... any suggestions?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:54 AM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 3:49 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks Loner T!

I'm about to try do as you suggest, so wish me luck! One question, though, before I start... you said to use System Requirements... and I am currently reading that page, so forgive me if the answer is on that page and I haven't gotten to it yet. Am I understanding correctly, It is possible to do the install and such remotely from my MacBook?

USB and Bluetooth woes. Bootcamp blows.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.