Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cancel subscriptions

I have heard and seen evidence of problems canceling subscriptions for iTunes example magazines, social media descriptions etc. In order for me to use or purchase any subscriptions from iTunes or the apple store I must have concrete proof that that subscription can be cancelled and that cancellation will be honored by my iTunes or apple billing account. please give a verifiable process for canceling subscriptions. Example Grindr has a 3 month subscription but has a disclaimer that all subscriptions will auto re-enroll until cancelled on iTunes store. The give a step by step list of directions. That are not the same as what is shown on my iPad. I can not access the view id and manage subscriptions area in order to turn of the re-enrollment option. Thanks for your help!

sample instructions as given by grindr

1. open the app store on device

2.Tap Featured>Apple ID>view apple ID

3. Tap Manage app subscriptions.>grindr xtra

4. Set auto renewal to off

I can sign in to my account,, but on my iPad 3 there is no view ID option that I can find. It doesn't pop up on my iPad or my desk top mac which is what I am having to use to even get contact options for iTunes/appstore.

How can I cancell subscriptions on iTunes app store?

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 4:28 AM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 7:42 AM in response to Daringdarren

There are instructions on this page for managing and stopping auto-renewing subscriptions : Manage your auto-renewing subscriptions.

For the second step that you posted, tap on your id at the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store app (you can also do it in Settings > iTunes & App Store) - that should give you a popup with one option being 'view apple id', tap on that and, if prompted, enter your password.

cancel subscriptions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.