Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reopen missing project

FCPX crashed and then when I reopened it the project I was working on was missing. I can see the project when I examine the Event folder in the finder.

How do I get FCPX to load this project that is not automatically loading?.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:43 AM

11 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:12 AM in response to nueve_leon

It looks like the 'Open from Backup' did work. I just did not realise that a whole new Library would appear in the library list.

The new library does contain the missing project.

Now I have two versions of the same library -

Current Projects

and

Current Projects - 20150804_1217_GMT+1

What is the best of consolidating these two libraries so I only have one that contains the project that is missing?

Aug 4, 2015 6:21 AM in response to nueve_leon

What Al said.

Another way to look at this is that you already had multiple versions of that library (your working library and all of the saved versions is Backups). You coould, as Al suggested rename one or both…or do nothing. Final Cut will be able to sort it out regardless, Personally, I'd be inclined to (at the very least) rename the problem library to make sure that I didn't archive the wrong version sometime in the future.

Russ

Reopen missing project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.