Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp repair installation freezes at enumerating pre-install packages after update to Windows 10

I'm on a mid 2015 15" MBP, and my right click and function keys have stopped working after updating to Windows 10, so I'm trying to repair the boot camp driver installation. I'm using drivers downloaded a couple of days ago using BCA onto a USB drive, but it freezes every time at "Status: Enumerating pre-install packages".

I thought maybe a clean install would help, so I removed every part of Boot Camp I could find. So now it still sticks at the same stage, only now my wi-fi doesn't work either.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 7:02 AM

Fixed it.

For some reason if I run D:\BootCamp\Drivers\Apple\BootCamp.msi instead of the normal Setup.exe the installer runs just fine. Wi-fi and most other things reappeared immediately, but I needed a restart to get the Boot Camp system tray icon to appear and revive my function keys and trackpad.

2 replies

Boot camp repair installation freezes at enumerating pre-install packages after update to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.