Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install drivers after upgrading to Windows 10

I've upgraded my early-2011 MacBook Pro from Windows 7 to Windows 10, which went very well by itself, but I haven't been able to install the drivers. I downloaded the correct version for my computer via Boot Camp Assistant, but I get a "This app can't run on your PC" error whenever I try to run them. I'm mighty perplexed since other people seem to be doing this easily.

Could this be because I used the media creation tool download, rather than the direct ISO download of Win 10? I read that could be a problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 4:38 AM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:36 AM in response to janpd24

I would try going directly to the drivers' site and fetch the drivers there. I also have an Early 2011 MBP 17", so I would have to go to the AMD page and get my video driver there.

Please let me know how everything went because I am currently trying to decide whether to stay in Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10 via my Bootcamp partition.

Aug 5, 2015 12:02 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks Loner T, but I tried that and it didn't work. I'm wondering now if it was a 32-bit/64-bit problem (I'd installed 32-bit Windows).

I tried using Boot Camp for a fresh install, but since I've downloaded the 32-bit version, Boot Camp Assistant threw a fit. Now I'll have to download the 64-bit Windows 10 ISO. This is the third time and my poor data limit is getting really stretched!!

Can't install drivers after upgrading to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.