Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it possible to start the text on the chapter page?

I am using a landscape mode template. I'd like to have the text of the chapter start on the chapter page and then let it flow to the ordinary pages that follow. Is that possible at all? I tried but found no way to do this. And cutting my text in two will probably create troubles with reflow if people select a larger/smaller font.

So, is it possible? A text object on the chapter page that acts as the start object for text reflow over the pages that follow?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:28 AM

5 replies

Aug 5, 2015 9:26 AM in response to sb0117

Sorry, but that is what I already did and it does not work. It is not possible to link existing textboxes anf if I create on before (flowing to) the text box on the first normal page and position it on the chapter page it is a) not visible and b) it appear on every LHS page outside of the visible area.

Are you 100% certain that it works? Have you done this yourself? If so, how should I do this to make it work?

Aug 7, 2015 3:20 AM in response to Gerben Wierda

I found my problem. There is a colour in the background of the Chapter pages in the Classic template.I had to unlock that background and explicitly send it to the back, then lock it again.

I first succeeded with my Chapter layout but not with my Preface layout. It seemed at first that it mattered if you extended the page flow text box to the chapter page or the other way around. But that too might have been a layering result.

is it possible to start the text on the chapter page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.