Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downtime Grey Screen on Return

Issue

1. I connect the following devices to my 2013 MBP.
    • Anker 9-Port Powered Hub (Connected to 2x WD Hard Powered Drives, 2x WD Portable Drives, 1x USB 5-Port Hub, and a Logitech Mouse Receiver)
    • Asus external monitor connected via HDMI to Min-Display Port cable (Monoprice 9474)
  2. I work on the MBP for 15-20 minutes.
  3. Leave the computer on, monitors on, unlocked, for 30-40 minutes.
  4. Return to find external monitor off and MBP screen dark blue (similar to when booting prior to apple icon) with nothing showing.
  5. When I follow the same process but don't connect to anything (monitor or Hub) and leave the MBP for 30-40 minutes it wakes as soon as I press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse.

Troubleshooting

• AppleCare replaced the system board, hard drive mount, and hard drive on 7/28/2015, citing problems with graphics card and hard drive mount. Issue continued to occur post return.
  • Erased primary hard drive and reinstalled Yosemite 10.10, issue continued to occur when peripherals are attached.

Request

Has anyone else had this issue occur to them? I've contacted Anker to inquire about issues that may have been reported to them. This is very frustrating, I'm hoping the peripherals aren't causing the system board issues. Maybe feedback loops in the connections? Any and all feedback is useful and extremely welcome.

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:47 AM

There are no replies.

Downtime Grey Screen on Return

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.