Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac after upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10 Magic Mouse scroll not working

Hi any thoughts on the above topic?

iMac - i5-4570S CPU " 2.9GHz 64Bit

Cheers

Neil

iMac, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:07 AM

1. Do you have the Magic Mouse driver in Device Manager?

2. Do you have any unknown devices in Device Manager?

3. Can you use System requirements to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support and download and Boot Camp: Solve Windows support software installation problems and specifically install the Magic Mouse driver?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 8:07 AM in response to Neil_Help

1. Do you have the Magic Mouse driver in Device Manager?

2. Do you have any unknown devices in Device Manager?

3. Can you use System requirements to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support and download and Boot Camp: Solve Windows support software installation problems and specifically install the Magic Mouse driver?

Aug 14, 2016 4:20 PM in response to Loner T

I am having a similar issue with my Magic Mouse 2 not scrolling properly after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. For some reason, the driver that is associated with this mouse defaults to the MSMOUSE.inf configuration.

.User uploaded file

I have tried multiple times to install the BootCamp drivers, and it says that it was installed successfully:

User uploaded file

But when I got to try to update the drivers, Windows keeps insisting that I am using the "best" driver already. When I got to try to select from other drivers, the only mouse to show up under Apple is the Mighty Mouse.

User uploaded file

I've also attempted:

• In Device Manager, uninstalling the mouse. The mouse stops responding, but if I scan for hardware changes, it works again without seeming to install anything.
  • Removing and reinstalling the mouse on the OSX side, but did not have any noticeable effect on the Windows side.

My Apple Wireless keyboard is working without any issues. The mouse however has been a exceeding frustrating experience to get working on Windows 10. Almost to the point that I want to downgrade back to Windows 8.1 before my 30 days are up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Aug 14, 2016 6:06 PM in response to AshenTear

No worries. They use different drivers. If you use BC Assistant and download BC drivers to a USB using...

User uploaded file

check the Bootcamp.xml files for the Product Version. If you get 6.0.6136, it does not have the correct Windows drivers.

You will need to use https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier and download drivers for a different Mac model than yours and extract the appropriate driver manually and install it.

Aug 14, 2016 8:16 PM in response to Loner T

🙂 Scrolling is working!

I had to download via brigadier using the MacBook9,1 model in order to get the right drivers which is very counter intuitive. There would have been no way for me to use BC Assistant to get the right drivers since it was continually getting the 6.0.6136 Product Version. Version 6.0.6427 is what eventually worked for me (in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread).

Thanks so much for all your help, Loner T.

iMac after upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10 Magic Mouse scroll not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.