Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent disruptions using bluetooth with BW P5 Wireless Headphones

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) running OS X 10.10.4. When I use this with a Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones over Bluetooth, there are intermittent audio disruptions. I've tried the following:

1. Use different apps (VLC, iTunes, Spotify) and different source files with P5 Wireless - audio disruptions present.

2. Pair the Macbook Pro with a different headset over Bluetooth and repeat with different apps and file sources - NO audio disruptions.

3. Pair P5 Wireless with an iPod Touch and Samsung Galaxy S6 - NO audio disruptions.

The problem seem to only occur when using the P5 Wireless with my MacBook Pro.

Does anyone have any suggestions short of buying a new computer, new headphones or USB Bluetooth dongle?

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 7:21 AM

8 replies

Aug 11, 2015 2:14 PM in response to tonnyebui

I'm having the exact same issue with my new B&W P5 Wireless and a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid 2014). Furthermore, I notice an increasing delay when watching movies. My Sony MDR-10RBT (which also use the AptX codec) headphones are working fine with said MacBook.

On the other hand, the B&W's are working fine when connected to a Windows laptop with a cheap Bluetooth dongle (with a CSR chipset for AptX support 😉 ) and several iDevices (SBC, AAC (?) codec).

It appears to be the unique combination of MacBook and Bowers & Wilkins that's causing these problems, which makes it hard to point fingers. 😢

Aug 11, 2015 5:23 PM in response to ben2342

Have you contacted B&W and what did they say? The response they sent me was, predictably, something is wrong with my Macbook as the headphones works with other devices and insist on ignoring the fact that we have problems only with this combination.

Seems like dumb luck that that's the sole use case I bought the headphones for.

Sep 27, 2015 8:04 AM in response to tonnyebui

Bumping this to ask if anyone has found a solution to this problem. I too have a Macbook Pro Retina (2013) and B&W P5 bluetooth with interruptions. Tried all the tests of the original post and same deal. It is either something the macbook doesn't like about the P5 bluetooth connection or that the P5 doesn't like about the macbook transmission. I too have had p*ss poor service from B&W customer service twonks

Intermittent disruptions using bluetooth with BW P5 Wireless Headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.