Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I download a rental movie, can I watch it without wifi? And WHERE do I find it?

If I use the MacPro to download a rental movie, am I able to watch the movie on the Mac WITHOUT wifi? If so, where do I find it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:10 AM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2015 6:30 AM in response to ErikaIsShort7

Greetings ErikaIsShort7,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have questions about watching a movie rental from iTunes on your Mac.

First, I understand that you have questions about watching the rental while not connected to the internet. You can watch a movie rental without Wi-Fi once it downloads completely to your Mac.

About renting movies from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

When you click Rent, your movie downloads. Download time depends on the speed of your Internet connection.

I also understand that you would like to know where to find your rental once it begins to download so that you can watch it on your Mac. The same article linked above includes that information as well.

Find movies you rented previously

Find your movie on the device you used to rent it.

• On a Mac or PC: Go to the Rentals tab in the Movies section of the iTunes Library.
  • On an iOS device: Go to the Rental tab of the Videos app.
  • Using Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation): Look in the top shelf of the main menu.

I would also suggest reading over the next attached article. This article has some very useful information concerning iTunes movie rentals that you may be interested in.

iTunes Store: Movie rental usage rights in the United States - Apple Support

Cheers

If I download a rental movie, can I watch it without wifi? And WHERE do I find it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.