Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not displaying site menu items

When viewing my website on the iPad the site menu items were missing (not visible). They were actually there but not visible. If you guess where they are and touch that area the dropdown appears.

The interesting behavior is when i click on the page icon (top left of the iPad) to open up history, etc. and then click it again the menu items appear (this happens consistently). This is fine for me but users won’t have a clue what to do with this. I have tried this in Chrome on the iPad and it works perfectly so it appears to be a Safari issue. Thanks for any help you could provide.

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:15 AM

Hold down the sleep/wake and home button until the apple logo appears. Also go to settings >Safari > clear all website data and history.

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:40 AM in response to AJ397

I have cleared all website data and history. I also restarted the device. I should note that this also happens on a mac. I will have several iPad users that will find this annoying and to communicate the solution of toggling the book icon is pretty lame. It seems that this is a Safari bug that i can't imagine I am the only one with this experience.

Aug 4, 2015 7:13 AM in response to efurilla

User uploaded file

I do definitely see what you mean now, and come to think of it I have come across a few sites where the new tab, the share, and the history bar disappears. However, I have only seen on a few websites and think it may have to do with the particular website. I do agree it is quite annoying though.I have figured out that if you pull the site page all the way down to the bottom and the bar comes back you can then scroll slowly back to the middle and the bar will remain. Perhaps that is a temporary workaround.

Safari not displaying site menu items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.