Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resound Linx2 VS Starkey Halo

I just got the Resound Linx2. I've worn hearing aids since the age of three, but haven't worn any in 10 years. I was really disappointed with the last expensive pair I got years ago and just gave up. Now that hearing aids work with iPhones and Bluetooth technology, I decided to give it a try again. I'm acclimating to all the extraneous noise that I haven't heard in years, but I've found that streaming music, podcasts and calls through the hearing aid frankly stinks. It's very tinny and sounds far away. Using headphones with my iPhone is far superior. Before I throw in the bag with this pair, has anyone used both the Starkey Halo and the Resound Linx and can tell me if the Halo is a better product? For $5k I feel the hearing aids should be superior to using the standard white headphones that came with my phone. I just tried to use the T-coil feature and the amount of white noise was not optimal. I'm feeling so disappointed and let down. I had such high hopes for these.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:25 AM

4 replies

Mar 24, 2017 10:34 AM in response to Polly Graph

The Linx 2 9 in my view is a dreadful hearing aid! I find the sound to be metallic and very harsh- background noises eg water or paper rustling are exceptionally loud but when it comes to speech they are as clear as mud!! Music is awfully tinny and phone calls are of only average quality! Considering the amount of money these aids cost they are in my view total rubbish!! It is about time that hearing aid manufacturers started producing frequency shifting hearing aids that actually sound pleasant!! PS my audiologist is using the very latest testing equipment and I still cannot hear properly!!!

Aug 4, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Polly Graph

I tested the Linx before I got my Halos about 15 months ago.

Hearing aids are not high-fidelity headphones. They are not meant to be.

When I am listening to music, it is either over the air or via headphones (that's when I'm on a plane). I don't stream music to my hearing aids.

It never occurred to me that streaming music to my hearing aids would be high fidelity.

Aug 5, 2015 1:36 PM in response to OldGnome

I don't expect that they'll be Beats or Bose quality, however, they sounded like something from a 70s transistor radio. I've used the HAs today with several calls and they just sound awful. How are the Halo HA's with calls? I don't want to have to use several devices to hear or take calls, especially if using the bluetooth on my phone with the HAs means that I can't use it with my car to use the hands free feature. If this is an issue with all hearing aids, so be it, I'll have to reassess all together. But if the Halos are better, I can send these back before the trial is over and try those. Any feedback on the sound quality for phone calls?

Aug 5, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Polly Graph

I use a Jabra headset when I am on the phone - full ear coverage, lots of upward volume control. I take my HAs out when I am on the phone. There are occasions when I do use my HAs for a phone call, but it's rare. It usually happens when I am in the car and I didn't put my phone into Do Not Disturb mode and they auto-answer through the car radio.

Since the HAs use the low-power Bluetooth, it is possible that you can use your HAs for hands-free in the car. However, only by testing will you be certain.

Resound Linx2 VS Starkey Halo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.