Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just burned a cd

I just burned a cd & only the track numbers appear. How can I fix this so that the artist, song name, and album appear on the cd?

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:30 AM

6 replies

Aug 4, 2015 8:43 AM in response to KiltedTim

Maybe you should ask for clarification rather than giving a random response.

Here is the clarification: when I play the cd in my husband's pc, the cd only shows up as tracks 1 - 20 with no artist, song title, or album showing. The same happens when I play the cd in my daughter's Mac Air. The songs were downloaded from the Molson Canadian site as a promotion. Are there copyright issues that prevent the info from transferring onto the cd?

Aug 4, 2015 9:39 AM in response to Helcat1

If you burn the CD as a data CD all this information will appear, but the CD can only be played on computers and not on ordinary audio CD players (some more expensive BluRay/CD players will handle data CDs).

The audio CD format is now over thirty years old and when it was formulated the entire digital music revolution had not even begun to start. As said above, there is no facility in the format for storing any track information other than duration*: it was expected that CDs would be released with full information in the case insert. Home made CDs were science fiction at that time.

(.*There is a rarely used facility for putting very limited amounts of text on a CD: few commercial CDs bother, and I believe Apple's CD burning facilities don't include it. It certainly wouldn't accomodate the amount of data you require.)

I just burned a cd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.