Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Website keeps crashing on iOS due to long page

Hi there,

We recently built a fully responsive website where people can order food. This website was made for a client of ours.

On PC's and Android devices the website works great. But on mobile iOS devices, some menu lists (with lots of menu items) keep crashing the website. It will give the message: A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded.

One of the pages that keeps crashing: http://123bezorging.nl/restaurant/1/Warung_Mini

(fill in postcode "2525") and scroll down the food menu. It will stop loading and the page will crash.

This problem does not occur on smaller food menu lists.

I would appreciate any help or tips where to look.

P.S. As far as we know it's an iOS issue and not just a Safari issue.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Proxico Websolutions

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, All iOS vers. & mob. Apple devices

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 7:21 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 7:47 AM in response to Proxico

It appears its a WebKit issue. From the Crash Reports on the iPhone, it seems to be running out of memory when loading your site. The Crash indicates its the largest process when it crashes. It happens on Safari, Chrome, and a couple other browsers I have on my iPhone.

Try looking in the crash reports, and try enabling the Web Inspector, it may tell you more.

Other than that, start by removing libraries and see if it still crashes. Clearly something is causing an excessive usage of resources, and causes the browser to crash.

Website keeps crashing on iOS due to long page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.